How To Pack For Any Trip
Regardless of where you're going, you have to pack! You can be a planner like myself or just wing it, but some how you have to fit all your items into one or two bags. Today i'll show you how to get the most out of your suitcase, luggage, or backpack.
My first job in NYC required me to travel a lot! For example summers weekdays I worked in the Hamptons and weekends lived in NYC. I've had to even pack for two different seasons one week in the wintry cold next week in sunny Caribbean. Packing has become almost second nature to me and i'll show just how easy it is. Full disclosure I am one of those people who pack in thirty minutes but take weeks to unpack :)
- I do recommend planning out what you need. If you are going away for four days do you need four pairs of socks or only three because you will be wearing one to the airport? You can take this a step forward and actually plan out your outfits. Will these shoes go with all four of my outfits or do I need to pack another pair?
- Even if you plan your outfits always pack back ups.
- Pack in layers, this way if it gets hot you can take a layer off or if it gets cold you can add a layer. Mother nature can be very unpredictable.
- Keep your most prized possessions with you at all times. I don't travel with my expensive jewelry but if you want to that's fine just make sure its on your carry on.
- Pack items that are universal, anything goes with jeans or a black top.
- If you forgot something don't stress. Today almost anything you need is just around the corner or you could even order from Amazon same day delivery.
How To Actually Pack
Fill in all negative space. For example place your socks inside your shoes!
Anything that might leak put in a plastic sealed bag!
Pack what you need first on top.
Roll, don't fold. Scroll down to see a step by step guide on how to do this properly.